as many of you know I am from Ukraine and beeps - is a staple in Eastern European country my grandma made the best beats to you she would take beef and pan-fried in flour and it will create the best fits you I remember but these have changed and today we can make delicious and already beeps - in instant pot without frying the meat in flour yes I do not cert a the meat I will show you how to make beef stew in six quart or eight part instant pot we will go over making beef stew with frozen meat how that will work the well and a damn that will show you how I keep my in some for training if there is a trick so let's do it.

start by chopping vegetables and adding them to instant pot one by one I find it the easiest method to keep the cutting board clear and not dirtying another Bowl.

I like to use red yellow or baby potatoes potatoes can contains a lot of potassium underneath it that's why I don't peel potatoes and if you are choosing baby potatoes you can cut larger ones in half and leave the small ones alone they will cook beef is expensive and any kind of roast will work just look for the most affordable one like chuck roast or I of the round oven roast.

I don't even know who the proper name but it doesn't matter just cut it into 1-inch cubes if beef is organic or grass-fed it's definitely a bonus if you can find it or afford it you can also use wild game meat like venison or moves I have tried venison many times and it comes out delicious you can use frozen cubed meat your pressure cooker will just take a little bit longer to come to pressure but in reality cooking time can be the same but to be safe add 5 to 10 minutes extra to cooking time so about 40 minutes we'll do it at beef chicken or veggie stock I like to use organic boil on cubes because its ingredients are just better and it never goes bad in the fridge and I can dilute it with butter any time as much as I need now it's time to add tomato paste and spices like oregano thyme salt pepper bay leaves and peppercorns and I like to keep the beets too simple no apple cider vinegar and no word Chester's aerosol.

I have a major tip for you if you want your instant pot to come to pressure faster use boiled water no need to steer the ingredients I just like to flatten the tomato paste so it doesn't touch the lid turn the vent to sealing position and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes you can release pressure right away or let it come down naturally it doesn't really matter but just like was a stovetop version the longer stew sits the more flavor it develops add frozen peas no need to thaw the hot stew will melt them right away and now the secret flavor boosters number 1 is fresh garlic because fresh garlic just adds another layer of flavor just like cooked garlic doesn't and number 2 is fresh dill if you have never tried Dell you never live says Ukranian in me and yes that whole huge bunch of fresh dill goes in there and I do not recommend to use dried dill the flavor will not be the same if you like thick gravy beef stew switch electric pressure cooker to saute in a small bowl whisk one and a quarter cup of cold water it's important cold water and four tablespoons cornstarch and then add to the pot and stir gently cook for a few minutes until thickened and keep in mind that cornstarch settles fast so if you made the slurry before hands tear it right before add into the pot.
and the magic cleaner to keep your stainless-steel instant fog thought shiny is bar keeper's friend it does way better job than baking soda or vinegar I tried that I'm really looking forward to trying this too because despite being April it's still kind of like chilly outside actually it looks like it's gonna rain so this taste test with a golden spoon comes in super appropriate in April it's so thick and Hardy and that slurry again definitely makes it.
now that I survived that my mouse is burned and I survived oh my goodness it's so delicious let's try on a side - lesson learned don't go in the middle of the bowl just try on this height and blow this is so good and guys you definitely don't have to say to saute the meat I don't care who says what but food cooked in a pressure cooker under pressure comes out more flavorful so that's why you buy instant pot and you don't sustain your meat or beef - this is super delicious and those two secret ingredients that I added them the front garlic and a lot of dill all of that deal is our secret flavor boosters because if you add them before cooking the flavor goes kind of like you're in cooking and here fresh and vibrant and you get this the most delicious Ukrainians.